posted by soe 1:47 am
I thought I’d join Amanda in her weekly summary of where a weekend went:
- Snow in the late afternoon/early evening Friday meant fewer people out and about, allowing me a much coveted table at the local tea house. Chai and naan with my book, followed by tea and a cookie with Rudi.
- Finally reached Gramma by phone at the rehab facility.
- Dr. Who (we’re still several series behind the current one).
- Cuddly cats.
- Clean laundry.
- My cold, as I promised it would be, is on its way out.
- Lunch — a delicious salad with out-of-season blackberries and raspberries — at a new-to-me restaurant with Sarah.
- Followed by a remarkably tasty PB&J macaron.
- I stopped by the Library of Congress.
- And then headed over the river to the library of Arlington (to return materials before I accrued fines!).
- Rudi, en route home from skiing, gallantly picked me up, saving me from weekend metro waits.
- Starting new books and knitting projects.
- A quick trip to the farmers market, sun-warmed in the early afternoon.
- A teen mystery set in D.C. arrives from a publisher unrequested.
- Alone in the car means blasting one of my sing-out-loud playlists — and pressing repeat on “Accidentally in Love.”
- Joining Rudi out in Bowie for the delightful Wreck-It Ralph in our quest to see all of the nominees in the animated category of the Oscars. (Brave is the only film that remains and the Red Box in Columbia Heights has it.)
- A full moon.
- Home in time to talk to family.
How was your weekend?
3 Comments so far
Leave a comment
Leave a comment
Line and paragraph breaks automatic, e-mail address never displayed, HTML allowed:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>