posted by soe 11:08 am
It seems like a good time to make a to-do list. Here’s what I hope to accomplish this weekend:
- Make ice cream. Rudi wants peach. I want cherry vanilla (perhaps with chocolate chips).
- Make popsicles. Really it’s unnecessary to do both in the same weekend, but I have yogurt and mashed raspberries and that seems to be an ideal combination.
- Plant. We have some past-their-prime potatoes that need to go into the ground. My initial bean crop has been harvested (just one bean, but it is purple), so I’d like to try a second crop. The dead pea vines need to come out. The strawberry plants over-running the path between my plot and my neighbor’s need to be pulled. We should have some more tomatoes ripening. And the garden’s blackberry bush had plenty of red berries yesterday, so hopefully they’ll blacken over the next couple days.
- Swim. If the pool is whole again (it was closed today because it sprang a leak), it should be played in.
- Freeze some fruit. The fridge is full of fruit I’m supposed to do something with. Now is the time.
- Knit. There are two projects I’m working on right now that I’d like to finish in the next week in order to allow me to cast on a new project to knit during the Olympics with a clean conscience. (Yes, I know no one but me cares how many things I have on the needles at once.)
- Write. I have postcards to send, cards to mail, book reviews to compose, a document to update, and an email to prepare.
- Hang out with friends. No one but me knows this right now, but I’m hoping to catch up with some friends. I suppose if they’re all busy, I could catch up with Rudi — maybe at a movie theater.
- Chores. Laundry needs to be done. There’s a corner of the living room that is starting to attack back. Bills should be paid. A new cell phone ought to be considered. Macaron tasting must be scheduled.
What are you going to do this weekend?