The weekend has started out on a mixed note — no exhibition baseball game due to rain (and thus no half day), potentially crummy news at work, and a UConn women’s basketball loss in the Final Four, but also supper at our favorite pizzeria, a fun new cat toy, and an interesting new show based on a YA novel on Netflix.
For the rest of the weekend, I’m hoping to get a few more checks in the positive column:
- A trip to the library to return a few things and pick up a couple more.
- Pie baking.
- Sending out my Ninja Book Swap package.
- Completing a knitting project.
- Finishing a book.
- Flying my kite. (Tomorrow is the Kite Festival on the Mall and I have a purple dragon kite that hasn’t been launched in a couple years.)
- Dancing. (Our schedule last weekend messed with my weekend morning dance parties I’ve been having this winter, so I must make sure the tunes get played tomorrow when I get up.)
- Going to the farmers market. (Summer hours resume Sunday.)
- Catching up on some sleep.
- Spending time in the sun.
Sure, there are some other things, like vacuuming and doing laundry and putting away some clothes and paying my rent that also need to happen. But those things are way less enjoyable, so I’m choosing not to focus on them so much.
How about you? What are you hoping your weekend holds?