posted by soe 1:03 am
This weekend included:
- The final Friday night concert/picnic at Yards Park for the season.
- The first rain in what feels like forever.
- Three street festivals: 17th Street, Adams Morgan, and the D.C. State Fair. A diverse assortment of activities that ranged from drag queen performances to pot growing tips to a women’s drum group.
- New plants into the garden: a Brussels sprout, some choy, and a new-to-me salad green, plus a couple seedlings Rudi found in the donation pile. Several more tomato plants came out; we’re down to just a couple left now.
- Finishing one audiobook and starting another.
- A scone from a newish food truck.
- Laundry and vacuuming.
- Ripping out what I’d knit on my new socks last weekend and re-casting on with the correct number of stitches. Better to lose five inches of knitting than to make a beautiful sock too small to wear.
- A trip to the farmers market. We’re getting to the end of heirloom tomatoes, corn, and peaches.
- The members’ sale at Politics & Prose. I picked up a couple gifts, as well as a copy of Claudia Rankine’s Citizen for me to own.
- Capreses and corn on the cob for Sunday supper. When the tomato, corn, and basil seasons end, so will our typical summer weekend-concluding meal.
- Cool, clear weather.
- Sitting at a cafe with a mug of chai, watching the sun set.
Weekending along with Karen at Pumpkin Sunrise.