posted by soe 11:48 pm
Fragments of a weekend:
- A last-minute invitation to join Susan, Phillip, and Holden for dinner.
- A repeat viewing of the Sherlock season premiere — this time with less interference from traffic blotting out the clever lines and plot points.
- Knitting — a pair of Rudi’s socks made some serious progress.
- Reading — Scumble has sucked me in.
- Chores, but too few.
- Gardening — the first strawberries have been harvested, there’s a solitary pod amongst my pea flowers and two tomatoes growing on the low-light plant, and the dozen plants we purchased last weekend were jammed into the plot. The lack of progress among spinach and lettuce varieties remains puzzling.
- A trip to Estonia seems appealing.
- Farmers market — morels and strawberries and potatoes are the highlights.
- A 12-mile bike trip (longest of the season!) along the C&O Canal. No ducklings or deer this trip, but lots of turtles and five families of geese with a total of 22 goslings.
- Calls home.
- A dance party in Dupont Circle — hula hoopers and urban dancers whose breakdancing and African dance skills would have tickled the heart of Lydia Grant.
- Curry dinner in time for Sherlock.